Thursday, July 28, 2011

What Am I Gonna Do With All This Stuff?

During my adult life in my religious upbringing, I remember always being told "simplify your life".  At first, I asked myself, "What does that mean?" I thought that I lived fairly simple.  Over the years, I have learned to let go of things I really don't need.  That may be a way of thinking, certain relationships, a credit card, a car note or even a job.

One thing that I continue to learn is letting go of stuff.  Everything has some sort of sentimental value to us when it crosses our path.  But why don't we take a mental picture of it and let it go, freeing up our physical space?  There have been a couple of times that I have taken pictures of where I've been or who I've seen and "mysteriously" my photos delete.  I feel it is the Universe telling me that I don't have to physically keep a memory of what I've done...I've taken a mental picture of it...my memories, what I experience means something to me!   It also lets me know that I will return to see what I've taken pictures of and who I've seen. Just that experience flows into the rest of my life as far as letting go.

Recently, I began a group on Facebook called, "Play Clothes"...a clothing and shoes exchange for kids and adults.  I had a closet full of clothes that do not fit anymore.  I have a friend that posts that she needs clothes for her kids.  I can imagine that there is someone out there that knows someone who needs a suit to wear on an interview they have been waiting for.  Who has money for all that?  Why not help each other and at the same time, letting go and simplifying YOUR life?  In addition to this clothing exchange, I look around my house and see things that I'm willing to let go of and let it be shared with a new family.  Let it have value to them as it has had value to me but it purpose is no longer needed.  I decided to have a garage sale this weekend.  My rule (thanks to my sis) is, "If it hasn't been used in the last year, it's time for it to go."  This even goes for furniture, electronics, clothes and kitchenware that has not been used.  Someone needs this stuff and can afford garage sale prices not department store prices.  I also see these items serving their last purpose for me...providing funds towards my product business.  As one chapter ends, a new one begins!

Wake up, let it go & love!  Have a beautiful day creating everyONE!  I love YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment