Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy School Year!

Everyone is getting ready for back to school on some level.  Our family has taken the leap to start homeschooling this year.  I'm finding this school year being less stressful..no rushing for uniforms, school supplies and even supplies the teacher's choose to add to the school supply list for the kids...smh

It's pretty awesome taking back your child's education, saying 'no more' to the testing instead of teaching. This summer has been a trial run, working out the kinks to make this as smooth a transition as possible not only for our daughter but for us as well.  Home schooling connects with everything in our life; even the dynamics of work is changing before our very eyes. This is an opportunity to be creative with how a child learns.  She even has a say in her education with one simple question, "What do you want to learn today?"  It's amazing how much a child, a preteen at that, opens up and is quite verbal what she wants to learn.

I know not everyone has the means to homeschool their child(ren)...I thought I was one of those people until I decided to leap ("I'm mad as hell, and I'm not taking it anymore!").  I encourage every parent, not matter where your child goes to school, you do have a voice! A lot of these teachers crave your support to make a change in the school system.  Can you imagine what would happen if parents and teachers unite against the government dumbing our kids down with testing....and testing for what?!  My daughter may not be in public school anymore, but I will continue to fight for the babies...their parents have to want to fight too, as well as the teachers!

So here is to a happy school year to everyone...let's make some history and change it up...who's with me?!  Wake up, let it go & love!

No comments:

Post a Comment